Saturday, July 26, 2008

R.I.P. Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams



Carnegie Mellon Professor Randy Pausch (Oct. 23, 1960 - July 25, 2008) gave his last lecture at the university Sept. 18, 2007, before a packed McConomy Auditorium. In his moving presentation, "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams," Pausch talked about his lessons learned and gave advice to students on how to achieve their own career and personal goals. For more, visit www.cmu.edu/randyslecture.

Randy's Personal Website

Editor's Note: I had the pleasure of briefly meeting this gentleman. I wasn't really aware of who he was, only that my crew/employees knew him by name. He came into the store I was the Manager of in Pittsburgh. I recognized him immediately when I watched this video as soon as it was released. I had, in my employee, at different times, CMU students. I called them, "my gifted crew," as only gifted and highly intelligent applicants get into CMU. I only spoke to this fella for a minute but I can look back in retrospect that he was a person who exuded, a positive force. A great example of a man, may he rest in peace but live long in the memory of man.

Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

No comments: